Hosted by the National Institute of Posts, Telecoms, and ICT (NIPTICT), a government agency under the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunication Digital Cambodia is one of the largest digital and technology events in Southeast Asia, and is the result of planning and coordination among leaders from the public and private sectors committed to building the digital foundation of Cambodia’s rapidly growing economy.
Coming off the success of Digital Cambodia last year, and also realizing the importance of digital cooperation, for this year Digital Cambodia has been upgraded to become an international exhibition by collaborating with international partners and ASEAN + 3 countries to create Digital Cambodia: ASEAN Digital Talent. The rapidly changing digital landscape demands that companies understand their talent needs, and how to meet those talent needs to have a competitive edge. Digital Cambodia: ASEAN Digital Talent will play a key role in giving companies the competitive edge they need.
Digital Cambodia 2020 will feature 120+ speakers, 170+ exhibitors, and more than 30,000 visitors from 50 countries, representing governmental and diplomatic institutions, telecommunication operators, ICT service providers, technology development companies, banks, microfinance institutions, startups, NGOs, educational establishments, and development partners.
Along with NIPTICT, supporting governmental organizations include the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications, Ministry of Economy and Finance, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, Ministry of Industry and Handicrafts, Ministry of Commerce, and the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training. The supporting private sector organizations include Smart Axiata, CellCard, and Viettel, and is co-organized by Sabay Digital Corporation, Compass Advertising, and Two Way Public Relations, Cambodia’s leading events management, advertising, and public relations firms.
With the ultimate goal of preparing Cambodia for a digital economy, and to demonstrate the growth potential of digital technology, Digital Cambodia 2020 serves specific developmental purposes. These include:
- Establish a national platform to showcase Cambodia as an attractive destination for investment in digital, telecommunications, and information technology;
- Discuss the progress of the development of policies, legal framework, and education under which Cambodia’s digital economy may thrive;
- Highlight and promote the importance of digital and information technologies, and telecommunications to improve productivity and efficiency, improve education, strengthen technical skills, so as to increase Cambodia’s competitiveness regionally and internationally;
- Bring together professionals and leaders in the digital and information technology, and telecommunications space, as well as governmental institutions, investors, tech startups, research institutions, to exchange ideas, learn and promote best practices, exchange experiences, discuss trends and challenges in the digital and information technology, and telecommunications sectors, and what problems can be solved through technology;
- Promote and encourage entrepreneurship and innovation; and
- Allow entrepreneurs and startups to develop their network, and meet with potential funding companies.
Notable Digital Cambodia 2020 events include:
- ASEAN Digital minister forum and dialogue between the ASEAN Digital ministers and private sector actors from the region and around the globe;
- Forums for tech startups;
- Forums for digital technology developers;
- Conferences and workshops for leaders and professionals to share information related to the latest developments and the future of digital technology;
- National and regional digital expos;
- Cambodia ICT Awards, Women in Tech Awards, USO and CBRD Funds Awards, for creative and innovative tech products; and
- The specific area at the exhibition zone includes – Country pavilion, International Partners zone, FinTech zone, Telecoms zone, Banking zone, Coding zone, STEM zone, Experience zone, Startup zone, Coworking zone, Hardware zone, Software zone and more.
About National Institute of Posts, Telecoms, and ICT
NIPTICT is a research and training institute founded by the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications of Cambodia (MPTC). Its mission is to develop highly qualified and committed professionals in the field of posts, telecommunications and ICT who will play a leading role in the development of Cambodia and its integration into the ASEAN Economic Community.
NIPTICT built with three missions to accomplish: 1) Provision of quality higher education and professional training; 2) Research and advancement of knowledge, and 3) Promote innovation and technology entrepreneurship.